« Home | Code for Secha » | Three posts in one day??? Holy SHIT! Alert the m... » | Word.....to your mother. Wait. What? » | Hell to the muthafuckin' nah! (Or something like ... » | SO CONFUSED!!! » | Fuckin' guilty conscience!!! » | Lazy » | Holy SHIT! » | OHMIGOD!OHMIGOD!OHMIGOD!!! » | More pictures. »


Made by Mama Jen


What might have been (But I'm glad it's not!)

Reading Kristyn's (HAHA! Confused ya, didn't I?!) blog today brought up some old, kind of scary, memories.

Right before I shipped off to basic, I was dating this guy named Scott ("Skeevy Stoner" is his name if you ask K-Man). He was 25 and had a 3-year-old daughter with this CRAZY bitch who liked to talk a lot of shit. Anyway, my friend Kelsey introduced us, and at first, I didn't like him. He smoked, cigarettes and pot, and looked kind of old, and he was starting to bald (Wow, what WAS I thinking?). He just really "wasn't my type". Then we started hanging out a little more, and he was just a really nice guy. So a couple days went by and Kelsey and I started hanging out at his apartment (Kelsey's boyfriend also lived in the same apartment). It was kind of hard for me to be around them sometimes, because, come on, I'm shipping off to the military, and all you guys wanna do is puff the magic dragon? Seriously. But anytime they wanted to "partake", they would all go into one of the rooms and shut the door so I couldn't smell it. Ok, who really cares about all that. So we started dating in May, and I had to leave in June. The day I was leaving town, I stopped to say good-bye, and he BEGGED me to stay with him. He told me he didn't think he could handle not having me around. I did say good-bye, though, and left to Texas the next day.

After I got to basic, I would call Kelsey every once in awhile to see how everything was going. My first call to her was probably in July. She told me that Scott had started dating this really fat, ugly chick named Jennifer. She said that he had my pictures hanging up all over the place and that Fatty had to look at them ALL THE TIME. He wouldn't take them down, no matter how much she begged. Anyway, time went on and Scott and Jennifer moved in together. When I called Kelsey again, she told me that Scott had become addicted to crack and he was also selling it. I was regularly getting letters from my mom, and sometimes she would send newspaper clippings. One day she sent me the court report, asking if I knew some kids that vandalized the school, but when I read the rest of the reports I noticed a familiar name. Scott Landers. My ex. Apparently, he and Jennifer had gotten in a fight and he had pulled a gun on her. When the cops arrested him, they found a locked trunk in the back of his car full of guns and drugs. He was arrested and sent to prison. For the first time. After I read that, I called Kelsey to see what was going on. She told me that when I left, Scott lost it. He started doing drugs and dealing just to get by, and because he couldn't stand Jennifer (he was dating her because he needed a place to live, he'd been kicked out of his apartment.) When he got out of jail, he was clean and sober, and living with Kelsey (just staying there, she was still dating the same guy as before).

I don't know if this next part happened because of me or not. So I called Kelsey awhile later, and she told me about Scott living with her. She told him I was on the phone, and asked me if I wanted to talk to him. By this time I was already married to K-Man, so I didn't feel right talking to someone that still had so many feelings for me. I told her no, that I needed to get off the phone. After that it was only a couple weeks, and Kelsey called me. She told me that after I had talked to her that last time, Scott relapsed, and she had to kick him out. And then he got popped for dealing again, and went back to prison.

I have no idea where Scott is now, or if he's even still alive. I don't really think about him very often, but I do still have some pictures. What I do think about is his daughter, Savannah. Her mom was a druggy, too, and I hope that she is somewhere safe and warm.

Moral of the story - DON'T DO DRUGS

That is all.

As sad as it is to see someones downfall like that that you use to be with... It can't be helped but to think, thank god I'm not with them anymore. It's sad to see that Scott made such bad decisions in his life, but at least you're with someone better. Drugs are bad news.

Every time I hear of someone in their early 20's dying in Edmonton, I always think I'm going to hear my ex's name. He used to go cruising for fights, would drive drunk, used to be a meth head, etc. It was... scarey. I've stopped listening now, but every now and then, I pay attention.

I hope you don't feel in any way responsible, because you are in no way responsible for another adult's actions. He made his own choices. You made yours. Yours just happened to be better ones! LOL.

Post a Comment